Charles Fillmore, co-founder of Unity, said that prayer is communion with God.
Use the following Five-Step Prayer Process to deepen your communion with God and to heighten your awareness of the activity of God manifesting as you.
Relaxation — Concentration — Meditation — Realization — Appreciation
- Relaxation. Breathe deeply and focus within. Become willing to know a truth that frees you from all concerns.
How to: Take deep, conscious breaths. As you relax your body and release busy thoughts, feel your heart opening up.
- Concentration. Recognize the power of God as life, love, wisdom, and ever-present good.
How to: Center your thoughts on the ever-present energy of God in your life. You might want to inhale God is, exhale I AM.
- Meditation. In silent reflection, see that the power of God is the same power within you—your divine potential.
How to: In silence, experience the power of your own divinity, knowing you share all the attributes of God—love, strength, wisdom.
- Realization. Know that you have the power to be, to do, to have, and to allow the good you desire.
How to: Feel a click as everything falls into place and you know all is well, regardless of outer circumstances. It is done.
- Appreciation. Grateful for your growing spiritual awareness, you are empowered to live fully now and into a fulfilling future.
How to: Empower your life with every expression of gratitude.
For affirmations to bring into your prayers, visit this page at unity.org.