Due to COVID-19 our children are not meeting in person. However, here is some information about Unity’s approach to supporting the spiritual growth of children.
Unity of Greater Hartford provides a strong spiritual foundation for every child’s life. Lessons focus on reinforcing the idea that God is within us, around us, everywhere present, and that we are loved unconditionally. The children are encouraged to connect with their inner wisdom and to live the Truth they know innately. Bible, prayer and meditation are explored and self-expression is encouraged.
What We Teach
- God is all good and active in everything, everywhere.
- I am naturally good because God’s Divinity is in me and in everyone.
- I create my experiences by what I choose to think and what I feel and believe.
- Through affirmative prayer and meditation, I connect with God and bring out the good in my life.
- I do, and give, my best by living the Truth I know. I make a difference.
Unity recognizes that there are many expressions of family life. All are welcome. Unity creates an affirming environment that fosters positive self-image, personal responsibility, and unconditional love and acceptance. Through our efforts we:
- Behold all children as whole and perfect expressions of God
- Empower children to fulfill their divine potential
- Teach children to meditate and pray in age-appropriate ways
- Invite children to experience the love of God
The Unity Kids stories on video below are read by our Kids Church Teacher, Britney Jones. If you would like to read a children’s story using a Zoom or MP4 recording please contact us.